Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Toilet Humour

I spent about an hour earlier typing something like 80% of a new post, my first for over four months. Was planning on finishing it off tomorrow. But here's a little aperitif before the main course gets published.

I was googling for some info on a national park I was hoping to visit in February. The best site for it came fifth on the list. On the way to that item, I had to go past this one.

I nearly did go past it without reading it. I'm very glad I didn't. Any of the following in isolation would have cracked me up :

  • The "suggest a toilet" link
  • "My toilet map"
  • The web address - it's a .gov.au site, i.e. run by the Federal government
  • The implication that, in light of the recent election, the content of the site is under review for potential political bias
  • Search for options, including toilet features
  • The National Continence Management Strategy
  • "Visit other sites about continence"
  • Find a toilet by latitude/longitude
  • Find a toilet by provider
  • "Some of the toilet counts do not add up. Why?" (in the FAQ)
  • "How can I use the Toilet Map with my Global Positioning System (GPS) device?" (also in the FAQ)

    I need to go and wipe my eyes.
  • 3 comments:

    Drew Stephenson said...

    Poo! (as it were) the link appears to have stopped working! I must have missed this when you posted it and now i've also missed my opportuity. poo again!

    Chip said...

    Try it again now - lack of proper typing is at fault.

    Drew Stephenson said...

    Damn but that is superb! Especially the trip planner; now you can plan your trip by your trips. as it were.
    I'm tempted to say "only in australia..."