Saturday, September 09, 2006

C189Z7

36 days and counting; at least, according to the current plan. Still can't actually book a flight or commit to much else until I've got my visa, the application for which is as progressed as I can make it, given I was too cold-ridden to get Tom's scanner into a working state last night. That's a job for tomorrow morning, after my desperately-needed haircut and visit to the milkshake shop to try something less bizarre than the chocolate and chilli one I had last Saturday.

Visited York Maize Maze tonight. Excellent fun - it was a haunted horror night, so we were wandering round largely in the dark (bright full moon notwithstanding), beset frequently by werewolves, witches, Freddy Krueger and several men dressed as Jason from Friday 13th films (or possibly Halloween - not a horror buff), complete with chainsaws! I really enjoyed it, although I think I probably would have liked it a little more had I been able to see properly - the viewing platforms were all closed, due to pointlessness, so we could never get a good sense of the size of the maze or where we were in it. Still, a good time was had by all.

In case you're wondering about the post title, one of the Maze challenges is to find and answer 6 questions around the maze, the answers from which form a code which opens a safe into which you can place a competition entry - the title is the code for this year's maze. I'm not spoiling anyone's fun though, as this year's maze closes on Sunday.

To-do list items knocked off today : 0

No comments: