Friday, September 15, 2006

Spider in the Web

I'm getting a little bit bothered about the potential for spiders on this Venezuela trip!

I'm OK with ones of up to about an inch across - those are my absolute limit, and while I can cope with having one of that size in the same room of me, I'll be keeping a very close eye on it, almost to the exclusion of looking anywhere else. Anything bigger than that, and I can't really even look at pictures of them - a friend I told about this said he'd scared himself stupid looking at a photo of a bird-eating spider, about a foot across.

I'm worried how I'll react if one drops on me in the jungle, or I wake up and one's on my bed, or my face...

No - I need to sleep this evening, so I'll have to stop this train of thought!

In my usual style, I have yet to do any packing whatsoever, despite leaving tomorrow lunchtime. I've also got several things to do in town tomorrow, including getting the haircut I didn't get last week, faxing the last bits of my visa application off and getting toothpaste, towel and other little things I've forgotten.

Oh, and the Oz bank account application too.

And my MFI furniture.

And...

No comments: