Sunday, October 22, 2006

Moving Swiftly On

I've got a visa! And flights! And 28 boxes worth of storage!

I think "it's always darkest before dawn" is the best way to describe the Both Ends Against the Middle post. I received an e-mail less than 6 hours later to tell me my visa had been granted - that's only 12 working days after the paperwork was started.

So I also got my flights booked on Friday, now I can be certain of a date. I will be leaving this sceptred (I've checked that's spelt right, but it looks very wrong) isle on Saturday 4th November, likely not to return for 2 years.

Various weights have been lifted. I need to be careful not to be too happy!

I successfully knocked a few more less important items off the to-do list today as well. Finally visited Clifford's Tower, after more than 4 years of living here (still haven't been to the Castle yet, but I've never really been bothered about that). I tried to get in free, but there's no discount for York residents as Lint found out (I couldn't find my card anyway), and I didn't think they'd take very kindly to me asking for a free entry on the basis my middle name is Clifford! It's a pretty good vantage point for the east side of town - you can see Terry's, Rowntree Wharf, the Minster, the Wheel and the Mecca Bingo down Fulford Road (but not Flic's flat, we thought).

I've also got rid of some millstone items that I didn't really want to either store or ship - filing cabinet and 5.1 system. They've gone to a good home with Tsuki and Dom - tried to get rid of my monitor too, but it wouldn't fit in their house! I kind of hijacked Lint's entire afternoon in the end - not only did I drag him to Clifford's Tower, he then came back to mine with Tsuki and Dom in order to get a lift back home, and ended up staying over an hour while we had a cup of tea and tried not to fall asleep.

Not too sure about what's going to happen with my car though. Due to my forgetfulness, I can't see it being MOTd before the end of the week, which gives me barely a week to complete the sale. Oh well, I knew something wasn't going to get done, and it looks like that's the big one.

No comments: