Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quartet

The real goodbyes have started. I suspect I'm not going to see any of these 4 until I come back - if that even happens.

Jimbobjo - a peculiarly anticlimactic one. I would like to have spent a bit more time chatting with him properly, especially since the last month or so I haven't seen much of him (or indeed anyone), but I guess we've had our regular weekly conversations on the way home from the quiz.

Flic - went to her work leaving party on Thursday, but I was a complete wreck (hence "Both Ends Against the Middle," I think!) so I left without talking to her. Then went to hers last night for a friends party, which was very good. Lots and lots of cheese! I left just before 3 - the goodbyes took about 15 minutes. Thundercats, Go!

Goodlife - turned up to Flic's party. She would have been at mine the other week had I ended up having one! She also brought JB, who I've only met very briefly once - we had a pretty good laugh throughout the evening. No songs this time - she didn't have a guitar and a capella would have been wrong. As she's allergic to Australians (or something like that) I'm pretty sure I'm safe from a visit from her...

Diane - her 30th Birthday "Viking Raiding" Party, including "The Quiz of Diane" and a loose repeat of my own 30th at Meltons Too. This time I got the meal I wanted at roughly the same time as everyone else, walked round York wearing a plastic Viking helmet (it's left a bit of a mark on my forehead!) and had a really good time.

There was technically also Bert today, but I know for certain I'll be seeing him in May when he's over for Kim's wedding, so it wasn't quite as final as the others.

No comments: