Saturday, December 16, 2006

Forty Days and Forty Nights

So, what's been good and bad about the last 960 hours?

The Good

  • Sushi.
  • Melbourne itself. I really like it.
  • The Queen Vic market.
  • The heat.
  • The free lunches (I'm on at least 6, possibly 7.)
  • My new house.

    The Bad

  • My stuff going via Brisbane.
  • The heat.
  • Not being able to get anything back home sorted properly when you can't easily speak to people, and all you've got is a dodgy internet connection that you have to stand on the stairs with the laptop resting on the window ledge to get it to function.
  • Still not being able to get things sorted back home when you do have a working Net connection.
  • The silence.
  • The spreadsheets.
  • The flies and the spiders.
  • Last week's Christmas party (which deserved a post of its own, but I'll probably end up rolling it in with another one on misunderstandings in the near future).

    That does make things sound a lot more negative than I really feel about them. Yes, it's not been fun on quite a few occasions, but I wasn't expecting plain sailing, and there've been lots of things that have gone more easily than I'd thought they would (e.g. place to live - I was expecting to be moving in about now, and instead my second month's rent was due today). I am looking forward to all the stress being over, or at least back to a normal background level, at some point though.

    As a fitting conclusion, this is my 40th post.
  • 1 comment:

    Lint said...

    I always think "forty" is very hard to spell, but you have done a fine job :-)