Friday, November 03, 2006

67 Hours

I still can't get my head round the fact that in that amount of time, I'll have moved to another country. I arrive in Melbourne 6.25am on Monday. I can't make it feel real at all. I'll probably have the same kind of moment on Saturday as I did last year when I step through the barrier at Manchester - definitely hoping I do, as that's still one of the most memorable moments of my life.

David's leaving speech was very good - much much better than Mon's! He's not a natural public speaker, but he did very well. There was a quiz on Australian English (I got 5 out of 6), and stories brought up included me hitting my head with my own ski, getting locked in the toilet in my final exam, self-immolation in the Ujala, the PV=nRT moment, and of course my detention at US Customs last year for having a beard, a tan, a Pakistani visa and a dirt-common name.

PTH XIII tonight - likely to be my last ever (since even if I do come back, I don't see the tradition carrying on for very much longer). Very fun, as ever. The theme being pubs of York, and us having chosen the Three Legged Mare, Tom and I were tied together by the legs 3-leggeding around town for much of the evening.

I was touched by the several goodbyes I've had this evening. Matt H, Cat, Mark L, Daryl, and amused by the one from two new graduates I've never spoken to before and probably never will again...

No comments: