Friday, November 03, 2006

Memories of the York Era

Note - these aren't all memories of York, they're memories of the period of my life when I lived there.

- Sports : gliding, gorge walking, tennis, squash and badminton, the 3 Peaks, my marathon, skiing trips * 3, rowing
- Events : PTHs, my "leaving party" on 30/12/04, Tsuki's 22nd in 3LM, Assizes of Ale, my 30th, Toto's chair, the Ujala self-immolation incident, qualifying, the LOTR day, the drunken conversations in Mazimaz and the 3LM, Henman at the assessment centre, the pack of cards trip
- People : too many to mention, and I'd only be told off if I left anyone out
- Things : the last Buffy, the last Friends, all of Babylon 5, Earnest, fuffee, projector TVs, GTA-SA, ginger beer, Boost juice
- Places : Venezuela, Minster Gardens, Precentor's Court, Trinity Lane, my flat, the OWS and the Swan, Rod Laver Arena, Al Fresco, Karachi, the Eden Project
- Random : the Snickleways walk, the Poppy Challenge, singing happy birthday to a random stranger on Tom's birthday in Ask, Mr Magoo's leaving party trip to Buzz, Mario Karts, the people with a potato, the "4 1-inch penises" night
- Downers : Bert's housewarming in Glasgow, year-end 05, Queen Anne's Road

2 comments:

Jaq said...

Miss you already mate - here's a song for you (think I played it that birthday)... "Oh when you go I wanna say won't you stay for another cup of coffee baby? Another cup of coffee baby?"

Chip said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really missing you - sorry! There isn't very much I'm missing, in fact - I think there's too much interesting and new and exciting (and irritating and stressful too, if I'm honest) going on here for the things which aren't here to have got a look-in.

Every so often, though, I'm walking along the street and I'm hit by a sense of how totally unreal (in the original sense of the word) my life has been for the last month. Don't know if you felt the same way when you came to the UK from SA?

Cheers for the song - you probably did sing that one, but the one I particularly remember (and, I think, the one I asked for) was the one you wrote about returning home to SA. I guess that might answer my question above, in fact!