Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Turning on a Dime

The new flat is signed for, all the utilities will be connected over the next couple of days, and furniture will be moved in on Tuesday. Why, then, is there still hassle about it? The relocation consultant, who for some reason I just can't speak to at all without one of us doing the telephone equivalent of a blank stare, wants to organise it all for me. I've done it already! If you wanted to do it, tell me before it's done! And stop rushing me to do it faster than I wanted to!

"But if you start the lease from tomorrow, you'll be paying but you won't be able to move in as you won't have any furniture." Yes, I know, but last week you were the one who said tomorrow might be leaving it a bit too long. Plus also, that's my problem, isn't it? I can go round on Saturday, have a proper look at what I will and won't need on a day 1 / week 1 / month 1 basis, write a list, and bring it all back ready for me to move in properly next week.

And who, outside of low-quality TV drama, finishes a phone call with "Be well, Chris"?

I'm having to rant at the internet because there isn't anyone else handy at the moment that I can do it at.

In that general area, I've at least had some sensible conversations with people around the office, and a free sushi/sandwich lunch with one of my team members (will be having similar meetings with the other two in the next week). I also out-one-linered the CFO, whom I'd just met. Snap character judgement said that'd go down well with him - fingers crossed!

No comments: