Saturday, November 04, 2006

A-Day

It's arrived at last. I've been working towards this for over 4 months, never ever quite believing it was going to arrive. Now it has, it feels like nothing at all. It's just not there yet. 4ish tomorrow as I walk through the gate? I hope so.

I've not shaken so many people's hands before in one day since Faheem's wedding, and probably never hugged so many people ever. Even so, I missed quite a few, like Jenny, Nina, Colin, Stevie, Miriam, Pete C, Newberry and Buckle, and very nearly didn't see Stouty and Emma.

I was very not happy at several points in the day. First - "Oh, it's good to see you're finally implementing the clear-desk policy, Chris." Second was the meeting I was dragged into at 4.45 to explain why we were now 3 days late. That one I did manage to turn into a positive, as I was able to pull the rug from under everyone by saying everything looked OK to me now, and we were back on track. Yay me! (Was a very good ending to a very bad afternoon.)

People I'll probably see out in Oz :

Lint & Kathleen
Tom & Helen
Tsuki & Dom
Pete & Emma
Neil & Ali
Drew

Possibles :

Drew & Cat
Daryl
Jealy & Caroline
Gemma & Tom
Josephine & James
Rich & Liz

Bound to have missed plenty off here. I'll probably add to them over the next few months.

No comments: