Sunday, November 12, 2006

Old Acquaintances

Several things stick out in my memory of Melbourne and Australia from my trip last year.

First, Boost juice bars - I drank enough of these to get a 10% discount loyalty card, which, I discovered yesterday, still works. I went back to the same bar I got it at, for nostalgia's sake. Then I had another one later on yesterday, and another today!

Secondly, parks. I spent about half a day in the Botanical Gardens last year, and plenty more time in the other assorted parks around the city. I walked into town via the Botanical Gardens today - I am enjoying the summery weather as a contrast to my usual November!

Thirdly, walking, something I did an awful lot of last year. In keeping with that, I think I may have done 10 miles yesterday. Certainly my legs and feet were tired enough to have done so.

And on another topic, assuming I can cobble together a banker's draft at a distance of 12,000 miles from my bank (pound to a penny ... dollar to a cent HSBC doesn't inhabit the "global village"), I've got the flat in Armadale. I'll post pics once I've moved in and acquired some furniture.

No comments: