Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Not On Fire

Things about me that disappoint others :

  • I don't get drunk often enough.
  • Because of that, I remember every single thing that other people do.
  • I cheat at CNPS. (Technically, the cheating aspect involves me living further out of town than Lint and having to walk in to work along one of the busiest rush-hour roads into York. Not strictly against the rules!)
  • I don't have enough character flaws to be a believable protagonist in a novel.
  • I didn't know Emma at the time of my 30th birthday, and hence didn't invite here to my party.

    Things that people like about me :

  • I make fun of people in such a nice way that they don't mind.
  • I can laugh at anything - everything's funny.
  • I don't use an umbrella, so if it's raining, Tsuki can take comfort in the fact that I make her look dry.
  • For all of my negative points, there's a positive one that more than cancels it out. E.g. I hate garlic, but I counteract that problem by having a perpetual cold.

    I received a going-away gift of a plastic bow tie sellotaped to my collar by Emma, who briefly fell asleep on my shoulder while attaching it to me. We also talked about whether I'm going to have to heckle at my own leaving speech in order to make it actually funny, whether Immacing of my beard and heavy drinking will be taking place on Friday (not if I have anything to say on the matter, they won't) and the continuation, but not conclusion, of a long-running talk with Helen about what I'm going to miss about the UK (sorry Helen, I'm not being obstructive, I genuinely can't tell at the moment - I won't know till I'm there and missing them!)

    Cancelling broadband - far easier than I thought.
    Cancelling a BT phone line - easy once they answered the phone, which took about 15 minutes.

    I'm borderline finished with my to-do list, finally. I have a number of services left to cancel or switch into my tenants' names, like gas, electricity and council tax, I've got to pack all my clothes and everything else that I'm taking on the plane, and there are little bits and pieces of things around the flat I've got to finish off with, but there's nothing else I can do now. There are a few things on there that I haven't done in the end, like getting an Oz bank account set up and selling my car, but they were all non-vital things, so I've not done too badly.

    Kind of glad I'm finished, because it means I can go out every night and not have to spend time in the quite depressingly vacant flat.
  • 2 comments:

    Lint said...

    Were you unsure which of your two lists the beard should go in?

    Chip said...

    Was the beard mentioned? I can't see that anyone would have said they liked it, and no-one said they were disappointed by it.